Flooring Options for your Conservatory
Posted on 9th October 2018
Image via Pinterest
Flooring Options for your Conservatory.
Have you just added or are thinking of adding a conservatory to your home or property? Selecting the right flooring for your conservatory is crucial and before you finalize the floor for your conservatory, here are a few things you should consider.
- The level of humidity, amount of sunlight and the temperature in your conservatory.
- If your conservatory is an addition to your kitchen or dining room then the floor needs to be water resistant
- How much traffic & footfall will the conservatory get?
- Is your conservatory leading to the garden? In that case you are bound to get a lot of dirt on the floor.
- Do you want/need underfloor heating in the conservatory?
When it comes to choosing the right floor for your conservatory laminate, vinyl or LVT are the best choices.
Carpet or carpet tiles can be an option too. Just make sure the carpet is durable enough to withstand the foot traffic and dirt in the conservatory.
Wood flooring is not the best option as wood expands and contracts with extreme temperature changes. The colour tends to fade as well when exposed to sunlight over a period of time.
Laminate flooring is hugely popular because it’s durable, easy to maintain and cost effective, all at the same time. Laminate flooring provides the room with an overall modern look & feel as well.
We would also highly recommend LVT or Luxury Vinyl Tile flooring such as Amtico for the your conservatory. It looks great and is extremely hard-wearing & resilient.
Here are some extra flooring tips for the conservatory.
- Move furniture around every now and again to avoid uneven coloured patches on your floor. Your conservatory is bound to get loads of sunlight.
- Add a statement rug as a design element for that wow factor.
If you need any further information and/or advice do not hesitate to get in touch with us. You can call us on 020 8360 1836 or simply come and see us at the showroom! We are at 774, Green Lanes Winchmore Hill N21 3RE.
This entry was posted in Design Trends, Flooring and tagged Amtico, carpets, Decor, Decorating trends, homeowners, interior design, landlords, makeover, Refurbish, Refurbishment, Renovation, rugs, russdales, Summer, Summer 2015, Trends, wood flooring. Bookmark the permalink.